I want to join this new “cooking reality show” called Kitchen Superstar that will soon premiere in GMA 7. The show will be hosted by Marvin Agustin where P1Million is in store for the winner! I would really really love to join not so much to bag the P1M (but hey, who am I to say no to the equivalent of about 3 Hermes birkins?) but to know what it feels like to be in there especially that I watch a lot of cooking reality shows. Besides, while cooking at home is good, there is always that need for some challenge and I gotta feed the need! 😛
Anyhow, I’ve been late hearing about it and the auditions for Metro Manila was already finished 😦 I’m hoping they’ll open up another one so that I can get a crack at it.
For those who want to know more details, here ya go:
- Age requirement: 18 – 50 years old
- Who can join:
- Carinderia owner
- HRM students
- Culinary students who HAVEN’T graduated yet
- People who take short courses in culinary schools/TESDA programs but HAVEN’T Graduated Yet (However, if you are a graduating student this year or during the duration of the show, you are NOT qualified.)
- As long as you can cook and have passion for cooking
- Who cannot join:
- Any cook or chef with complete formal classical training or works under a classically trained chef is not qualified to join
- Hotel chefs
- Fresh grads from culinary school
- Audition time: Registration is from 10 AM until 6 PM only but the the entire Audition Process is from 10 AM to 10 p.m. No more registration beyond 6 p.m.
- What to Bring for the Auditions?
- 1 Valid ID with Picture
- Bring your Specialty Dish good for 2 – 3 persons (judges). It could be frozen cooked food. There’s a microwave at the venue.
- Application form. Can be picked up at the venue.
- Audition Dates
February 19 – SM City North Edsa (10AM-10PM)
February 26 — SM Rosales & SM City Pampanga
March 5 — SM City Cebu
March 12 — SM City Iloilo & SM City Naga
Davao audition (TBA)
Here’s their call for auditions: